No Exams During COVID 19
No Exams During COVID 19
We the UG and PG students of the Institute of Management Studies, Noida (IMS) have some serious problems and confusion regarding the current semesters. We would like to bring your attention to the fact that, in this PENDAMIC Scenario, is it really possible for all the students
From all kinds of financial backgrounds to sit for any exams?
We the Students are the future of this nation, but now the future is in danger, so we are seeking your help, There are a lot of reasons to oppose exams
1. Most of the students are in there home town and it's impossible to travel back to give exams
2. Most of the students are living in the red zone areas, Borders are sealed
3. Is it really possible to control the spreading of this virus by just giving one bench gap inside the exam hall
4. For the final year students, it is getting very difficult to complete their final year project as all the project mates are far from each other and also they don't have all the required components for their projects. And also they need support from the teacher for doing the project smoothly which they are not having in this lockdown period, and all of these can't be done over online through any platform.
5. Due to prolonged lockdown, the students are going through a lot of mental stress and it will also affect their results.
6. Semester Exams are very important and most of the students don’t possess enough study materials due to this unexpected prolonged lockdown since March. Without proper guidance and study materials, we can’t prepare for the exams.
SUGGESTION FOR REMEDIAL ACTION:
To maintain Govt. Circular and to stop spreading of Corona Virus in this Pandemic situation as well as to grab all opportunities by all the students, few institutions and universities have taken some remarkable decisions to overcome unwanted situations, some of the examples are stated below:
1. The University of Hyderabad has decided to issue certificates with two flexible options i.e. having an average number given by the authority or give Exams after a certain period of time as per student’s choice.
2. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur on 24th May has decided to end the ongoing semesters and promote all the students based on a special marking scheme including mid-term marks.
3. IIT Bombay has decided to end its spring semesters as well as scrap the final exams for the 2019-20 academic year. The spring semesters were scheduled to begin on June 1 and go on till July 13.
4. Instead of taking exams, assignments can be taken of every paper, which students should complete within time and submit to their colleges. This system of the exam is used by B.Ed. Colleges and Open Universities.
5. Term Paper, a lot of topics can be given regarding the papers, from which the students should pick their preferable topics or professors should assign the topics to the students, and the students should submit their answers in a written manner. In this term paper basis, marks should be provided.
6. If it is not possible to take exams in any means, the credits for exams can be provided by the normalization process, this process is applicable in National Exams like Rail, etc.
The 4th and 5th point doesn’t require any type of social engagements. Thus, we can maintain social distancing, and also we can submit our answers by Speed Post, which system is applicable for Distance Education.
Considering the gravity and importance of the situation, we feel, you will be kind enough to review our views in such a manner that will help us to proceed in the future with great physical and mental strength.
With Best Regards,
UG and PG students of IMS, Noida