Revise the Voting Method for Future U​.​S. Elections

Revise the Voting Method for Future U​.​S. Elections

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Hannah Grimes started this petition to President of the United States and

My motion is to convince the mothods of voting to be changed. Whether it's to the Instant-Runoff Method, or something to a similar extent. Let me explain them:

The Instant-Runoff method as a way of voting in which multiple canidates from each party can be considered, and also will require MAJORITY VOTE. By doing so, if your preferred party puts a candidate that you aren't so happy with, you have another choice. This method of voting gives people the opportunity to RANK the considered candidates from their favorite to least.

Here is the idea -- You're given a paper or electronic ballot. It lists all of the candidates that are up for consideration. You rank them, as previously stated. When the votes are being counted, they will take the votes, and put them into percentages for each candidate based on the FIRST OPTION. The candidate with the lowest percentage will be taken out of the race. However, the first option votes from said candidate will be transferred to the voters second choice. This elimination process will be continued until we reach the final two candidates. The final winner will be the candidate with 50% of the votes or more.

This problem with the voting method that we use now. Put it into perspective. Let's say that there is 5 candidates in the race. Candidate 1 has 25% of votes, Candidate 2 has 15%, Candidate 3 has 17%, Candidate 4 has 23%, and Candidate 5 has 20%. In the current voting method, Candidate 1 has the most percentage, so they would win the title. But if you put the outcomes into a pie-chart, 25% of the chart would be for Candidate 1, while the other 75% would be for the losing 4 candidates. Meaning, 75% of the country/city/state/etc wanted somebody else to win. So technically, they didn't recieve majority vote. 

The Instant-Runoff method is a way more logical voting system, because even if the voters first choice didn't win, they still have a chance to get their 2nd, or maybe 3rd choice have a chance to win. It just seems more logical and would help in the effect of less fights, disagreements, etc.. It would seem to solve a lot of the problems in the voting and political system the world is facing nowadays. 

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!