No compulsory redundancies at the University of Aberdeen
This petition had 374 supporters
Threat of compulsory redundancies at the University of Aberdeen
- Through the Voluntary Severance scheme, the university have already saved the £5.4 million they lost from funding cuts.
- They have also generated an extra £2 million in additional surplus.
- They wish to make a further £1.8 million – not due to funding cuts but for additional surplus.
- They have refused to rule out compulsory redundancies in pursuit of their goal.
- It is highly likely that staff will be placed “at risk of redundancy” from March 2016.
We, the undersigned, call on the University of Aberdeen to rule out the use of compulsory redundancies and to seek alternative, more progressive methods for placing itself on a sustainable financial footing.
Aberdeen Defend Education Campaign (ADEC)
Aberdeen Students Against Cuts (ASAC)
Aberdeen University Students’ Association (AUSA)
University & College Union (UCU) Aberdeen
Today: UCU Aberdeen, AUSA, is counting on you
UCU Aberdeen, AUSA, ADEC needs your help with “University of Aberdeen: No compulsory redundancies at the University of Aberdeen”. Join UCU Aberdeen, AUSA, and 373 supporters today.