Make Puppy Mills illegal
Reasons Puppy Mills need to be banned from the US:
1. terrible feeding/boarding conditions : they are literally piled on top of each other
2. diseases, illnesses, and depression
3. no human companionship, toys or comfort, and little hope of ever becoming part of a family
4. dogs that aren't adopted/rescued are euthanized
5. after their fertility wanes, breeding animals are often killed, abandoned or sold cheaply to another mill to try and get "one more litter" out of the dog
...result of all this breeding is millions of puppies, many with behavior and/or health problems.
Hundreds of thousands of dogs suffer in puppy mills in this country. The dogs are prisoners of greed. They are locked in small cages where they freeze in the winter and swelter in the summer. The dogs never get out of their prisons. They are forced to eat, and sleep in their own feces and they are bred over and over again until they die or are killed. The only way to free them from the misery of these horrid puppymills is to make Puppy Mills illegal in every state in the US. I will stop at nothing to make this change. The state and federal governments do not enforce the laws to protect these animals. Occasionally, you hear of someone being arrested for animal cruelty due to being apart of a puppy mill staff. But imagine how many people are getting away with treating these animals like this. Think about it can you imagine forcing your dog to live his/her entire life in a small wire cage with no human companionship, toys or comfort, many health issues and little hope of ever becoming part of a family? That is what life is like for a puppy mill breeding dog, and we NEED to change it. Please Help!
Jenna Hodge started this petition with a single signature, and now has 470 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.