- Hon Campbell NewmanPremier
- John-Paul LangbroekMinister for Education, Training and Employment
Save Whites Hill State College Oval
We call on Premier Campbell Newman and the Minister for Education, Training and Employment, Mr John-Paul Langbroek to reverse the decision to sell off Whites Hill State College’s playing fields
These ovals are well used by the school and the broader community. Save Whites Hill State College Oval Community Action Group are opposed to this short-sighted sell off of community assets because:
• Hundreds of children use these playing fields during school terms including the Gateway District secondary school students, the Lytton District primary school students, as well the potential for it to be used for physical education and science classes.
• The sale of the oval will remove potential future growth from the school and valuable space for inter/intra school sports and competitions.
• The Oval and the established trees on the grounds are part of an established Sugar Glider Corridor and selling the land compromises the Brisbane City Council’s Squirrel Glider Corridor Action Plan for Bulimba Creek Catchment Areas (Jones, Chambers, Canaris and Ingram: 2007).
• The Oval has an overland flood path through the centre of it and any potential development of the land would impact on neighbouring properties in flood and rain events, impact greatly on the traffic in the area causing safety issues for children accessing the school and construction noise would impact negatively on the students learning and potential enrolments into the future.
• The sale contradicts the Brisbane City Council’s Draft City Plan for green space and the 2026 vision
Help us save the Whites Hill State College ovals!
Hon Campbell Newman
- Minister for Education, Training and Employment
Please reverse the decision to sell off Whites Hill State College playing fields
Kerryn Loose Jones started this petition with a single signature, and now has 597 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.