- Beverly GoodsonAdministrative Secretary - Winnebago County 3rd Floor Judges
- Nina FerrisAdministrative Secretary - Winnebago County 4th Floor Judges
- Cheif Justice Joseph McGraw17th Circuit Court
- Jessica MacDonald2nd wife, step-mother and Events Coordinator at Midway Village
- John KoehlerAdministrator at The Veteran's Home in La Salle
- Illinois Governor
- Vianey VirgenAdministrative Secretary - Winnebago County 2nd Floor Judges
Release Rod MacDonald from V.A. Home, He is completely isolated and needs to be with his family!
My Dad has been warehoused in this state run facility over an hour from his home in Rockford, by his wife, who is 22 years younger than him. After begging his daughter to be released, she was told by an Attorney at The Advocacy and Guardianship Commission that he needed to put in writing that he was revoking her P.O.A. When his daughter helped him to do this, the V.A. home called the P.O.A and the police, who told his daughter to leave the premises or she would be arrested. His wife was able to revoke all visitation and phone calls from his children, and his friends, too - unless they have a "password". We had to take her to court in order to see or talk with our father. We had no contact with him for over a month. He was completely isolated from family and friends which uder the guidlines in the Senior Citizen Handbook is ABUSE. Jess said she "wanted him to acclimate to the facility". Like the way a dog does a cage, or an inmate his cell? For 9 months, even though the disease has progressed at an alarming rate, he maintains he doesn't want to be there. He is extremely depressed. He was sick and in isolation for 5 months and lost 50 pounds. The State Omnibudsman is supporting POA's wishes rather than being the advocate for my father. Dad's Human rights are being violated. He is there against his will and his wife refuses to bring him home! Now, by the court, he is deemed incompitant. We have been in court fighting for guardianship for 8 months and spending thousands of dollars, to no avail. Pease help us to bring this dear man home!
- U.S. House of Representatives
- Administrative Secretary - Winnebago County 3rd Floor Judges
- Administrative Secretary - Winnebago County 4th Floor Judges
- 17th Circuit Court
Cheif Justice Joseph McGraw
- 2nd wife, step-mother and Events Coordinator at Midway Village
- Administrator at The Veteran's Home in La Salle
- Illinois Governor
- President of the United States
- Illinois State Senate
- Illinois State House
- U.S. Senate
- Administrative Secretary - Winnebago County 2nd Floor Judges
This petition is on behalf of Rod MacDonald. He was a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force during WWll and he is a local and beloved celebrity in Rockford. On April 29th, 2013, his 2nd wife, who is 22 years younger, drove him AGAINST HIS WILL, to a VA facility over an hour away from his home. He had mid-stage Alzheimer's. Begging his children to do anything to get him out resulted in him being completely isolated from family and friends; their visitation and phone rights revoked by his wife because we "upset" him, for over a month. Isolation is defined as ABUSE under the Senior Citizen's Handbook guidelines. We, his children, have taken Jessica MacDonald, our "step-mom" to court for guardianship. She has refused to move him to Rockford because she doesn't want to spend the money, nor will she allow us to care for him. Since April he has declined dramatically, to late -stage Alzheimer's, and has been sick and quarantined to his room for 5 months and has lost over 50 pounds! His children want to take care of their father. We petition, and are in court, for guardianship so we can have this lovely man brought home! We promised him in May, now 10 months ago,that we would do everything we could to get him out of there: We will NEVER give up!
Also, I have contacted all these agencies for help.
1. IL Advocacy and Guardianship Commission.
2. The Department on Aging.
3. Alternatives. (Regional Ombudsman -with whom I filed a grievance)
4. The Alzheimer's Association.
5. The VA Legal Dept.
6. The National Caregivers Hotline.
7. Adult Protective Services.
8. Equip for Equality.
9. The West Central Il. Legal Assistance.
10. The Veteran's Administration.
11. The Naval Legal Services.
12. The Disability Rights Legal Center.
13. The Winnebago Bar Association.
14. Prarie Legal Service.
15. Illinois Legal Aid.
16. The Senior Abuse Hotline.
17. The Visiting Nurses Association.
18. George Zeke Legal Clinic.
19. The Veteran’s Center.
20. Regional V.A. Office.
21. Il. Dept. of Public Health.
22. State of Illinois Surveyors for Nursing Homes.
23. Over 20 lawyers
In the end, they all said taking Jess to court was our only hope, and no lawyer would do it pro bono.
Sarah Aumann started this petition with a single signature, and now has 662 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.