INDIA has to STOP Systematic Killing of Female Elephants & Capturing Tuskers for Captivity
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Respected Prime Minister of India,
This petition deals with the FOUR topics of urgency relating to Animals in India:
- Systematic Killing of Female Elephants all over India and Tuskers being made captive by Forest Departments in the name of Rescue / Rehabilitation / Straying outside the forests.
- Individual status to Animals to be made a Law in order to treat the Animals on par with Humans in our Country.
- Animal Welfare Organizations and field workers to be compulsorily made co-supervisors of Forest Departments’ Activities.
- Official Investigation on suppression of facts by both Central and State Forest Departments of India has to be conducted immediately.
REQUESTED ACTION POINTS
1. There is a planned action to exterminate Female Elephants and the Tuskers as they are being made captive in order to reduce the Elephant population, not only by the poachers, but also by anti-social elements, resort / estate owners for their selfish needs. Female elephants that have been killed in India is on the rise, especially in the states of West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The recent history of the management and maintenance of the Elephants in India reveals that all the wild caught tuskers are made as captive elephants and the female elephants were killed consistently. Why most of the Forest Departments have only “Wild Caught” Tuskers as Captive Elephants? Why only the female elephants were killed mostly in all situations, such as, Captive and Wild? These actions lead to a direct decline in Elephant population of our country, causing imbalance in conservation value.
2. India has to provide legal recognition of animal as sentient beings considering the span of Forest Lands comprising of vast Fauna and Flora across India. This Law should act as the reference point for Forest Departments in India and Animal rights in general. Sterner penalties should act as deterrent for people who hurt animals. Example: As early as in the Year 2015, New Zealand legally recognized animals as sentient beings under The Animal Welfare Amendment BIll.
3. There should be public committees of supervision on the activities of the Forest Department consisting of the experienced non-governmental persons or agencies, experienced field workers, organized by public and approved by court in all levels such as, District level, State level and National level working along with the Forest Department. The guidance for such public committees should be given by the Courts and Government of India.
4. Suppression of facts by Forest Departments of different states in India has to stop. For Example: Suppression of information from the MoEF, Government of India: From the case study of W.P.(MD)No.3798 of 2020, dated 16.03.2020 submitted by me in High Court of Madurai, Tamil Nadu Forest department have hidden the information that they have not applied for the diversion of forest land under Forest (Conservation) Act,1980 and did not obtain the prior permission to use the M.R.Palayam Reserve Forest to establish the Elephant Rescue Centre. Also it has hidden the fact that it did not obtain the prior permission and approval of the CZA and order of Supreme Court to establish the Elephant Rescue Centre when it applied for funding from Elephant Division of CZA, MoEF, to establish the Elephant Rescue Centre in M.R.Palayam Reserve forest in 2009-2010.
The protection and welfare of animals in India is in your able hands. Your immediate action on the above mentioned requests, will bring hope and sustenance of the animals especially elephants under the present COVID19 condition.
Your kind intervention and immediate action on the above issues will be greatly appreciated.
ELEPHAS MAXIMUS INDICUS TRUST (EMIT)
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!