Port Stephens Council: Please refuse the DA for Telstras 30 meter mobile phone tower in Corlette
This petition made change with 109 supporters!
Telstra have proposed a site for a 30m monopole and shelters at 10a Corrie Parade, Corlette, NSW 2315
- The local Community have grave fears concerning their children's and their own safety from this proposed phone tower. It is too close to residents and a more suitable location should be considered.
- This site is in a residential area with the closest residents being 54 meters from the proposed tower.
- 200 homes would be within 100 meters of the tower which emits EMR radiation 24 hours a day.
- The Leukaemia Foundation state to minimise exposure to EMR by "avoiding spending any time near mobile phone base towers".
- The tower would be an eyesore on foreshore of this popular tourist area, it is on a ridgeline 300 meters away from Salamander Bay Beach and is inconsistent with the objective of protecting views from the foreshore.
- The proposed site is within bushfire prone land.
- The tower would be on a habitat linking corridor and beside preferred habitat of local Koalas which are vulnerable and threatened.
- The proposed site is against our local council policies - the Port Stephens LEP and the guidelines for the development of telecommunication structures.
Today: Corlette is counting on you
Corlette ActionGroup needs your help with “Port Stephens Council: Please refuse the DA for Telstras 30 meter mobile phone tower in Corlette”. Join Corlette and 108 supporters today.