Bailey is an 11 year old boy who was a victim of an assault at school. Bailey passed away as a result of the assault . Pennsylvania House Bill House Bill 2464 will help to prevent this happening to another precious child. We urge congress to pass Anti Bullying Bill 2464. We also ask for further inviestigation and justice to those that did this horrible act to him.
The Philadelphia regional office formed the Coalition in July 2012. The Coalition was created in order to build support for House Bill 2464, legislation that will help prevent bullying and cyberbullying in PA schools. ADL believes that all students have the right to participate fully in the educational process, free from harassment and bullying. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, 77% of students are bullied mentally, verbally, and physically. In Pennsylvania, the percentage is even higher than the national average.
To find out more about Pennsylvania House Bill 2464 please visit http://regions.adl.org/eastern-pa/programs/pennsylvania-anti-bullying.html
WHAT WILL THE BILL DO?
• Prohibit harassment, intimidation, bullying or cyber-bullying in any Pennsylvania public educational institution.
• Define bullying as unwelcome written, electronic, verbal or physical acts or gestures where a student feels coerced, intimidated, harassed or threatened.
• Require the Department of Education to develop a model policy and training materials, review school districts for compliance, and submit annual reports to the state legislature. Additionally, the bill will require school boards to adopt anti-harassment and bullying policies.
• Ensure that there is a procedure for broadly publicizing a school’s anti-bullying policy (in conduct codes, handbooks, bulletin boards, school Web sites, and other appropriate places).
• Protect all students from the harmful effects of bullying.