• The right of a patient to unfettered and unrestricted access to the prescriptive advice from their physician is “unalienable”.
• The quality of life for people with serious illness is a freedom that cannot be measured and should be the basis for considering this action. It can mean the difference between life and death to a patient that has trouble withstanding the regimens of treatments for terminal or serious ailments.
• For all of us it means that our trust in our physician’s advice should not regulated by the Federal Government.
• The National Cancer Institute acknowledges the use of Medical Cannabis is a viable option for cancer patients who have limited or no response to standard therapies: "Marijuana cigarettes have been used to treat chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, and research has shown that THC is more quickly absorbed from marijuana smoke than from an oral preparation. However, any antiemetic effects of smoking marijuana may not be consistent because of varying potency, depending on the source of the marijuana contained in the cigarette."
• Doctors and patients should have the right to decide this issue on their own.
• It should not be a crime to try and save your life or that of a loved one!
Donald Wright started this petition with a single signature, and now has 326 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.