Save Minet Library and keep Lambeth Archives in its present location
This petition had 296 supporters
Lambeth Council wants to sell our library in one of the poorest areas of the borough. It wants to move Lambeth Archives out of our area.
This is entirely wrong because:
- It's one of the few amenities in Vassall Ward that is open to all as a community space - in an area where housing is becoming ever more dense.
- Knowledge is power - all ages need better access to digital information, the library provides this access.
- Children and parents need places to learn together.
- People need jobs - the library could provide high tech training to meet the skills gap and get people into jobs.
- Lambeth Archives were founded here 100 years ago - they are an important part of our local heritage, linking our community to its history.
Friends of Minet Library have a vision to provide an inspirational building and service fit to meet the challenges of the next century. We believe the Library and Archives are in the right place: sitting alongside Longfield Hall, Myatt's Fields Park and the Remakery, an improved building will be a crucial resource creating opportunities for everyone and reducing inequality in our community. www.minet.org.uk/library
Today: Friends of is counting on you
Friends of Minet Library needs your help with “London Borough of Lambeth: Save Minet Library and keep Lambeth Archives in its present location”. Join Friends of and 295 supporters today.