GYMS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM BUT THE SOLUTION IN STOPPING COVID-19
Gyms are essential. This petition has been created for a way to empower the people who’s voices are not heard. We feel that the gyms should not be closed because they are important for our health, not only physical, but mental as well. These lockdowns have had a huge strain on everyone, and a third lockdown is very tough. Help to free the people by opening up gyms. This may seem like a small favour, but in our eyes, it’s the only thing we want out of this. An open gym, being able to workout in a healthy safe environment means the world to anyone who has signed this petition.
Proper gym protocol works. My gym in particular had no outbreaks of covid since the end of the 2nd lockdown (Crunch Fitness Lasalle on Malden Road). Why is it that a mall is deemed essential enough to stay open, but exercise is not, along with its many many health benefits. Working out keeps our immune system in check, allowing us to stop this “deadly” pandemic.
- 10 person limit capacity worked
- Social distancing measures were put in place, gym goers followed those rules, it worked
- Everybody is given a spray bottle and clean before/after they are done with the gym equipment, it worked; already on top of the constant cleaning by gym staff
- Mandatory mask procedure rules were followed and they worked
- If people are feeling ill, they wouldn’t even be able to come exercise
If this petition is disregarded or turned down, can the citizens of Ontario be given substantial evidence as to why, because we can not go through this a third time. It has taken a toll on everyone mentally, physically, and emotionally. For us, gym is a way of life, and it’s extremely hard to function when we can’t practise training out physical, mental, and emotional health.