Advocating for a Silver Alert strategy for all Canadians
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Signing the Change.Org link will help to spread awareness, but please ALSO join the Silver Alert movement today by signing the E-1588 Petition for the House of Commons located here: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-1588
- There are over 550,000 Canadians living with dementia and this number will double by 2030
- 60% of people with Alzheimer's will wander at least once during their disease. Wandering is common as the disease progresses;
- Silver Alert is a public notification system to quickly help find seniors who wander because of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias;
- A Silver Alert would provide information to media outlets and activate an emergency alert system through law enforcement agencies; and
- The Provinces of Alberta and Manitoba have established a Silver Alert, through an amendment to their Missing Persons Amendment Act
- To learn more about Silver Alert's inspiration and vision, please visit www.silveralertcanada.ca
Today: Mary is counting on you
Mary Redfearn needs your help with “Federal Government of Canada: We're advocating for aSilver Alert strategy for all Canadians”. Join Mary and 43 supporters today.