Stop selling groundwater for oil and gas fracing!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We as residents, farmers, and ranchers depend on groundwater for their homes and their livestock. The Grellner family acquired School Land from the Commissioners of the Land Office and are drilling wells there a taking vast amounts of groundwater to sell to oil and gas companies. Neighbors are already experiencing lowered water pressure and dry wells! In addition to pumping out large amounts of groundwater they are storing water from the Cimarron River in un-lined ponds which will contaminate what groundwater is left. Please help us get the word out and stop this unnecessary waste of our water!
Ask the Grellners and Estack LLC to
1. Reduce the number of wells and the amount of water to be pumped.
2. Line all ponds and/or pits.
3. Meter the wells and the amount of water sold and to send copies of the meter reports to all concerned parties
4. Not to use “staging” pits or ponds for mixing river water with fresh water without metering amounts of fresh and brackish water, both in and out. Line all pits/ponds with and inspect the liners and send monitoring reports to all concerned parties.
5. Stop pumping/selling of groundwater during drought conditions based on drought monitor report.
Ask the OWRB to perform a groundwater study.
Demand our legislature change the water resource laws in Oklahoma. Require metering and monitoring of all non-domestic wells as other states such as North Dakota and Colorado do. Encourage or require all oil and gas companies to use recycled frac water. Require notification of landowners within the area actually affected rather than just the 1/4 of a mile from the well that is currently required.
Today: Kim is counting on you
Kim DeGust needs your help with “Estack LLC: Stop selling groundwater for oil and gas fracing!”. Join Kim and 112 supporters today.