- Jean-Jacques BienaimeCEO, BioMarin
- Philip Lo ScalzoVP for Corporate Compliance and Ethics, BioMarin
- Debra CharlesworthMedia Contact, BioMarin
- Henry J. Fuchs, M.D.Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, BioMarin
- Richard RanieriSenior Vice President, Human Resources and Corporate Affairs, BioMarin
- Ed Von PervieuxVice President and Chief Information Officer, BioMarin
BioMarin Pharmaceutical: Give Andrea Sloan (@andi_sloan) access to the cancer drug that could save her life
Andrea Sloan has spent her life helping others every day, but now she needs our help in her fight against cancer, because BioMarin Pharmaceutical is refusing to give her the treatment that could save her life.
Andrea is a 45 year old attorney in Austin, Texas who serves as Executive Director of the Texas Advocacy Project -- and organization which provides free legal services for low income victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Seven years ago, Andrea was diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer. She has responded well to treatment in the past, but traditional therapies are failing with the cancer’s return. There is one drug that Andrea’s doctors believe offers significant promise.
Andrea’s physicians have found a drug, PARP inhibitor BMN 673 that is manufacturer by pharmaceutical company named BioMarin, that is designed to treat women who have a particular type of genetic ovarian and breast cancer called BRCA1. The drug is not yet approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but Andrea has received indication that the FDA will provide a waiver for her “compassionate use” of the drug if BioMarin gives her permission to use it.
BioMarin’s response to Andrea so far is that while the company does embrace “compassionate use” policies, they do not have one for the particular drug that could save Andrea’s life.
This precious and brilliant young attorney has been fighting cancer for seven years. This drug is her last chance. The FDA has approved her use, pending approval by BioMarin. My prayer group has been praying for Andrea, but now we need your support to ask BioMarin to do the right thing and show compassion for Andrea.
- CEO, BioMarin
- VP for Corporate Compliance and Ethics, BioMarin
Philip Lo Scalzo
- Media Contact, BioMarin
- Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, BioMarin
Henry J. Fuchs, M.D.
- Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Corporate Affairs, BioMarin
- Vice President and Chief Information Officer, BioMarin
Ed Von Pervieux
Allow Andrea Sloan (@andi_sloan) to take your experimental drug, BMN673.
Carol Carter started this petition with a single signature, and now has 234,605 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.