Ban Billboards & Flex posters at Bengaluru, Reclaim Our Sky
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Hoardings and Billboards:
- are ugly & ruin the aesthetics and visuals of Bengaluru's greenery & skyline
- are a traffic hazard, can cause accidents and are a distraction to safe driving
- are unscientifically chosen , randomly placed and pedestrian unfriendly
- are expensive eyesores or structures having no purpose
- trees are often cut to improve billboard visibility - irrevocable damage to our green cover
- are poorly maintained and can pose danger
- leave options for bribery and corruption as officials can collude in grant of the permissions
- Bengaluru's outdoor advertising is LOSING money, and requires a lot of administration and supervision to manage and maintain. So why do we still have this millstone?
- in this digital age, hoardings and billboards are old-fashioned, irrelevant and passe
- environmentally unfriendly, require energy for lighting etc
- globally cities, have banned phased out these city eyesores as part of good urban planning.. Smart , green cities like us don't need it. In India, Chennai, Mumbai , Ahmedabad have already done so.
Useful Links :
http://bbmp.gov.in/documents/10180/460906/KPOD+Act.pdf/5b7382c8-9cf5-4b49-9ed1-92c3f5258ca4 Whoever by himself or through another person affixes to, or erects, inscribes or exhibits on, any place open to pubic view any advertisement without the written permission of the local authority having jurisdiction over such area, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to six months or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both:
Today: Priya is counting on you
Priya Chetty needs your help with “BBMP: Ban Billboards & Flex Posters at Bengaluru, Reclaim Our Sky”. Join Priya and 1,523 supporters today.