Whiting Way Access
Whiting Way Access
Why this petition matters
Coquitlam City has let the residents around Cottonwood Avenue and Whiting Way down by letting 9 construction projects within a 3 block area start at the same time. This is too much! GIVE US OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD BACK! The residents of the area have endured:
- Illegal construction noise outside regulation hours leaving residents to deal with the conflict. This includes workers making noise at 6am (drinking after work) AND construction companies working out of hours.
- Closing of streets and no parking - the city has allowed construction companies to take up city streets, removing parking and access, leaving no space for the residents and their guests
- Extended construction hours multiple times a week - subjecting residents to 90+ hours of construction noise a week.
- The loss of safe and consistent access to buildings meaning handy dart, food deliveries and medical staff cannot access our residents.
- Rude construction and flagging staff
It is no longer tolerable to live in this area. By closing Whiting Way Access the city has turned a 3 minute walk into a 15 minute walk which is impossible is you have mobility issues, a walker or a wheelchair due to broken and uneven sidewalks.
THE RESIDENTS DEMAND:
- The opening of Whiting Way Access - we demand access to the amenities we moved here to be close to including food, medicine, banks and public transport.
- no extended construction hours - residents have to endure 83 hours of construction with regular noise by-laws. If you work at home or work nights this is A LOT!
- Safe and consistent access to our buildings AT ALL TIMES meaning if the city gives a construction company permits to close the roads, they will make alternative access plans for residents. We deserve food deliveries and medical access to our homes AT ALL TIMES!
- By-law officers available outside of construction hours to deal with unlawful construction companies. Don't leave it to the residents to deal with the conflicts.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - WE WANT ACCESS TO OUR COMMUNITY!