The "eyesore" eight year's on Council need to take action. Anna Bay deserves better!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
- The entrance to our town is a disgrace.
- The village of Anna Bay is the gateway to the Stockton Beach Sand Dunes and Birubi.
- We the residents & visitors of Anna Bay have watched this unsiglty development sit idle for 8 years.
- Enough is enough, we need council to take action.
- The property has been left neglected, the verge is overgrown with shrubs and weeds and is a terrible blight on the landscape.
- Groundwork on developing the $50 million resort began in 2011. Three years on it was being swallowed by sand & in the hands of receivers. The current developer has failed to improve the site since ownership May 2016.
What action can Council take if the owner fails to act on an order?
If the owner fails to carry out the actions required in an order under the Local Government Act or the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act, council can:Issue a Penalty Infringement Notice
Take legal action in the Local Court
Take legal action in the Land & Environment Court
Carry out the actions required in the order and seek to recover the costs from the owner.
Today: Anna is counting on you
Anna Bay needs your help with “We the residents & vistors to Anna Bay: Council need to take action!”. Join Anna and 1,172 supporters today.