Walmart: Stop plans to build a Supercenter in Southfield, MI
This petition made change with 193 supporters!
Walmart wants to build a Supercenter in Southfield, Michigan at the intersection of 12 Mile and Southfield Road. This new store affects everyone that uses this intersection or lives in the vicinity.
How the new Walmart affects you:
1. Increased traffic delays at an already long light.
2. Decreased property value for residents of Southfield and Berkley.
3. An ugly warehouse will replace a beautiful church. St. Bede is a historic piece of mid-century modern architecture and a landmark to the community.
4. Increased noise and light pollution.
5. Small businesses in the area will suffer tremendously.
6. Twelve Mile and Southfield roads are a vital artery for emergency response vehicles coming from Southfield PD and Fire in transit to Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. Walmart traffic congesting that intersection will greatly impede response time when every second counts.
7. Home Depot, Target, Meijer, Kroger, Bed Bath and Beyond, Big Lots, Market Fresh, Marshalls and many more already over serve residents with their big box stores and low prices. We don't need anymore.
8. Additional reasons from supporters are listed in the comments.
Sam Walton himself said, "If some community, for whatever reason, doesn't want us in there, we aren't interested in going in and creating a fuss."
WALMART, please listen to your founder. The people of Southfield would perfer you took your business elsewhere. There is far more need for a new superstore in the city of Detroit.
Today: No is counting on you
No Walmart needs your help with “Walmart: Stop plans to build a Supercenter in Southfield, MI”. Join No and 192 supporters today.