Vote in favor of the Firestone Robertson new distillery development and zoning change.
This petition made change with 1,558 supporters!
The Glen Garden Golf Club has been marketed for sale for over two years. The owners of the club have been personally managing and financially supporting the Club’s operation for 10 years and want to retire. Yet, the owners have been unable to attract any golf operators to buy it. Recently, the owners contracted to sell the property to the Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. for the development of a state of the art whiskey distillery and event venue. The new distillery and campus will feature numerous public attractions including serene indoor and outdoor event spaces including an existing lake and scenic views of downtown Fort Worth. The new use of the property will create an extraordinary environment for weddings, charity, corporate, concert and other private and public events. Additionally, there is the possibility that the new campus will be able to feature several golf holes from the existing course.
To build its new distillery campus, Firestone & Robertson must get the property rezoned. Those that oppose this rezoning are averse to change and unwilling to acknowledge the project’s clear economic development benefits of tourism, jobs, and tax revenue that the business will bring the city and immediate community.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
The Fort Worth City Council will meet on Tuesday, July 15th at 7pm to vote on this rezoning matter. There are 4 ways you can help:
- Sign this petition
- Send separate email or phone message to all City Council districts expressing your support for the distillery development at Glen Garden – contact information is below
- Attend the City Council meeting (in the Council Chamber at City Hall) and raise your hand to show your support or take to the microphone to express your feelings directly.
- Do all of the above or a combination thereof!
Please help us bring positive economic growth to the Southeast Fort Worth area and help build a destination that the whole State can be proud of!
The Firestone & Robertson Team
- Mayor - Betsy Price 817-392-6118 Betsy.Price@fortworthtexas.gov
- District 2 - Sal Espino 817-392-8802 firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 3 - WB Zimmerman 817-392-8803 email@example.com
- District 4 - Danny Scarth 817-392-8804 firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 5 - Gyna Bivens 817-392-8805 email@example.com
- District 6 - Jungus Jordan 817-392-8806 firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 7 - Dennis Shingleton 817-392-8807 email@example.com
- District 8 - Kelly Allen Gray 817-392-8808 firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 9 - Ann Zadeh 817-392-8809 email@example.com
Today: F&R Distilling Company is counting on you
F&R Distilling Company needs your help with “Vote in favor of the Firestone & Robertson distillery development and zoning change at Glen Garden”. Join F&R Distilling Company and 1,557 supporters today.