Please choose High School Boundary Plan M. Plan M impacts the least amount of VUSD students; three of four schools feeding into their natural feeder high school. This plan supports the established community and maintains safe and viable traffic patterns.
This petition made change with 302 supporters!
Concerned community members and neighbors of Northwest Visalia, along with parents of Hurley, Oak Grove and Willow Glen Elementary schools have joined together to ask the Visalia Unified School District Board Members to adopt Plan M in regards to the new High School boundaries.
Plan M accomplishes the following goals:
1. Maintaining existing neighborhoods.
Plan M maintains the existing community of schools of Northwest Visalia.
2. Maintain existing Feeder Patterns - Keep students in existing feeder groups.
Under Plan M, students from 3 out of 4 schools being sent to the new middle school, will attend their regularly scheduled high school.
3. Minimize the numbers of schools and students impacted by boundary adjustments.
Plan M has the lowest number of students impacted.
4. Consider the transportation costs/student routes to school associated with any boundary adjustment.
Plan M prevents any school groups from needing to drive across town out of normal traffic routes. Plan M will prevent traffic routes that will be unsafe and it will also prevent traffic routes that contribute to increased traffic congestion along Highway 198 at Mooney Boulevard and the Central Visalia Exit.
5. Make adjustments for the long term – Avoid having to redraw boundaries for as long as possible.
Plan M is sustainable according to projections. No new classrooms will need to be built.
6. Minimize changes for families who have been impacted by past boundary adjustments.
Plan M considers the many changes that have impacted the northwest Visalia community in the past. Hurley, Oak Grove and Willow Glen elementary schools have already experienced substantial changes due to boundary adjustments in the past. Plan M will minimize further changes.
7. Consider socioeconomic and English language learner equity in the boundary adjustment process.
Plan M is comparable to the other existing plans in both socioeconomic and ethnic variances.
Today: Visalia Parent Advocates is counting on you
Visalia Parent Advocates needs your help with “Visalia Unified School Board Member, VUSD Board Member Juan Guerrero, VUSD Board Member Lucia D. Vazquez, VUSD Board Member John L. Crabtree, VUSD Board Member Donna Martin, VUSD Board Member Willi...: Please choose High School Boundary Plan M. Plan M impacts the least amount of VUSD students; three of four schools feeding into their natural feeder high school. This plan supports the established community and maintains safe and viable traffic patterns.”. Join Visalia Parent Advocates and 301 supporters today.