Verizon Cell Phone Coverage in the Tuckahoe, Virginia and surrounding areas
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Tuckahoe District and surrounding neighborhoods,
****As an update to this petition, we have received media coverage from two local news stations Channel 6, CBS and Channel 8, ABC. We are actively reaching out to the Executives at Verizon Wireless. Please read below for more information.
About 2.5 years ago we moved into Gaslight Neighborhood in the Tuckahoe District. We've consistently experienced cell phone coverage issues which include but are not limited to; dropped calls, unable to receive calls, unable to get a dial tone, echoes and static. Like many, I work from my home office and my cell phone is my primary phone.
Recently I came across a post on the NextDoor app that had many responses from people in our area dealing with the same issue. I had no idea so many were impacted! I thought we were in a small dead zone. I’ve decided to create this petition to see if Verizon will provide one formal response and potential solution to us all. From what I’ve read we are all calling Verizon and getting varying responses.
Most recently I called Verizon on April 16, 2017. I was informed that the Tuckahoe area is considered a "marginal" area of coverage. The customer service rep could show we have plenty of towers accessible but went on to explain that some of these towers have likely not received the updates they need. He was unable to tell me if or when they might be updated. The only resolution offered was allowing us to leave our contract without penalty.
This petition is to accomplish the following:
1) To determine how many people in our area are paying for Verizon Wireless and receiving marginal coverage. This petition will provide visibility.
2) To alert FCC and find out what can be done to remedy the issue.
3) To alert Pat O'Bannon, Tuckahoe District Board of Supervisors, how widely impacted our community is by this issue.
4) To engage with our neighbors to collaborate on ideas and suggestions.
5) To offer Verizon Wireless an opportunity to give a formal response and a proposed solution.
If you are experiencing the same problems, please consider signing this petition. Please share this with your neighbors and help gather signatures.
Today: Andrea is counting on you
Andrea Berkshire needs your help with “Verizon Cell Phone Coverage in the Tuckahoe, Virginia and surrounding areas”. Join Andrea and 1,107 supporters today.