Vanderbilt University: Increase adequate and thorough education, prevention, and awareness regarding sexual assault and sexual violence on our campus.
This petition had 179 supporters
Students and sexual assault survivors deserve to attend school on a campus where the safety of the students is a top priority. Similarly, sexual violence continues to be an ongoing epidemic on college campuses across the world with 1 in 4 women being affected by the time they graduate.
Below is a condensed version of the list of demands we are asking the university to join with us in changing on our campus:
- Creation of advocates for victim and the accused
- Academic leniency for survivors
- Housing change option for survivors
- Reporting all statistics: release statistics of reported sexual assaults that do not necessarily go through formal reporting
- Reorganization of Provost Committee on Sexual Assault: explain its methods and goals to students
- Establish a “sexual assault prevention and response office” or assign this title to a person with a designated office space
- Institutionalize adequate and thorough awareness, education, support programs
- Adequately train all staff, faculty, and administrators
Today: Vanderbilt Students of Nonviolence is counting on you
Vanderbilt Students of Nonviolence needs your help with “Vanderbilt University: Increase adequate and thorough education, prevention, and awareness regarding sexual assault and sexual violence on our campus.”. Join Vanderbilt Students of Nonviolence and 178 supporters today.