No Cuts to Higher Education! Chop from the Top!
This petition had 123 supporters
- No cuts to instructional units! Instead, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee should "chop from the top" by cutting non-instructional positions and salaries in excess of $80k per year. Since 2011, UWM has added nearly fifty such positions and increased their salaries by an average of nearly 10% per year.
- Chancellor Mone must publicly pledge to oppose all tuition increases while he is chancellor.
- Wages for campus workers and stipends for graduate teaching assistants must be increased.
- Resource centers and services that serve oppressed or marginalized students, such as African-American Student Academic Services, the Black Cultural Center, the Roberto Hernandez Center, the Women's Resource Center, and the LGBT Resource Center, must continue to be funded.
- Tenure and shared governance must be preserved.
Today: Students for a Democratic Society is counting on you
Students for a Democratic Society needs your help with “University of Wisconsin: No Cuts to Higher Education!”. Join Students for a Democratic Society and 122 supporters today.