UCLA prides itself on committing to integrity, excellence, accountability, respect, and service. To see through these promises, UCLA must seek to become a Fair Trade University.
As a Fair Trade University, UCLA will be helping hard-working producers rise up out of poverty. Fair Trade standards ensure environmental preservation, empowerment of women, opportunities for education, health care availability, and economic sustainability for developing communities.
To become a Fair Trade University, UCLA must:
1. Form a Fair Trade Committee.
2. Make Fair Trade products available in university-owned/operated outlets as well as included in service contract wherever possible.
3. Use Fair Trade products at internal university meetings, events hosted by the university and in university offices.
4. Develop a Fair Trade Resolution and Fair Trade Procurement Policy.
5. Commit to Fair Trade education, awareness-raising and growth of the Fair Trade campaign.
This and more information can be found at: http://www.fairtradetownsusa.org/why/universities/
Please help us show Chancellor Block that UCLA must start living up to its ethical commitments.