Boycott Ghost Recon Breakpoint Until Ubisoft Implements AI Teammates
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
"From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;"
- Henry V
Every Ghost Recon game has had solo AI teammates. Splinter Cell is the Lone Wolf stealth/survival/espionage game of the franchise.
Ubisoft has taken Ghost Recon from squad-based tactical shooter to a solo stealth action game.
The Ubisoft developers have ruined Ghost Recon. They are either too lazy or too pressed to fix the NPC AI problems and clearly chose the easy way out, just eliminating AI teammates.
Fellow Ghosts need to show Ubisoft that we aren't going to buy a game that ditches Ghost Recon's core squad based mechanics for a looting and scavenging shooter game. That's why I am calling for a boycott of preorders this game until Ubi devs introduce AI teammates. Every Ghost Recon game has had solo AI teammates. Splinter Cell is the Lone Wolf stealth/survival/espionage game of the Tom Clancy© franchise.
EDIT On Top of the Philosophical Issues We Have With Breakpoint, below are some issues expressed by the GR community:
1) Accessibility: By making Breakpoint a coop focused game, the game is less accessible. Those with hearing impairments, social anxiety, shaky internet connections & spectrum disorders are cut-out of the coop experience. (I myself have Meniere's & have to limit my time with earbuds & headphones).
2) Requisite Internet Connectivity: Again, this aspect of the game really does not benefit the player in any way. Ubisoft has made a clear choice that it wants to offer micro transactions more aggressively and cost you bandwidth.
3) Confirmed: Ghost Recon is now a loot shooter. You will need tiered weapon drops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Tog4Np2P0 Ghost Recon has always been about having access the most lethal weaponry being a soldier in the Army. Furthermore, a tiered loot system is not 'realistic'. Anybody can pick up a gun and start discharging it, especially a highly-trained Green Beret.
4) Ubisoft killed of the AI squad to save money on voice actors and come in on budget at the expense of the gamer... as much as I've liked Jon Bernthal as an actor, the community feels that Ubisoft has invested on celebrity voice acting in an attempt to make a AAA/blockbuster release at the expense of gameplay.
5) The story cannot seriously address the serious topics of combat stress and PTSD in a Sci-Fi/Fantasy simulation on a fictional island with generic, apolitical enemies. Veterans have always fought for a cause; Whether it is bettering the lives of people in war-torn countries, defense of their nation, and protection of its citizens.
In addition, I believe that Ubisoft is actually making the game less realistic in eliminating AI teammates.
Teamwork is quintessential within the military, and at any tier. The core foundation of any US Army has been the unit, not the individual, weather it would be the squad, team or ODA, all the way up to an entire company or division. This is what is instilled in soldiers during basic training. Army values have always espoused teamwork and espirit du corps. Ubisoft is depriving solo players at a chance of having a console Mil-Slm experience by getting rid of an AI fireteam.
Fellow Ghosts need to show Ubisoft that we aren't going to buy a game that ditches Ghost Recon's core squad based mechanics that have been in place since 2001. We aren't going to buy a game that we can't enjoy unless connected to Ubisoft servers. That's why I am calling for a boycott of preorders and purchases of this game until Ubi devs introduce AI teammates and fix problems with their AI.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!