Truck Drivers have valid reason to incorporate. Please sign if you agree!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!
Contract drivers take notice of the recent news to classify driving services corporations as Personal Services Business. This will not allow to claim any expenses and charge high corporate tax up to 44%
Contract drivers provide driving services to trucking companies and are truly self-employed. Being self-employed, they can choose to incorporate.
Incorporation is a legitimate tax planning option and contract drivers should not be denied access to it.
- They have the genuine expenses, such as, meal, shower, over night stay expenses; and have the full right to write off those expenses.
- They are contributing their fair share of tax to Government in the form of regular payroll remittance and corporation tax.
- They collect GST/HST and make payments as required by law
- They have created their own employment and are contributing to workforce.
- They don't take undue advantage of Employment Insurance benefits.
- Drivers have no role in WSIB. It's trucking companies responsibility and concerned departments should focus on compliance with them.
Instead of discouraging the incorporation structure, Government should focus on compliance with tax and audit unreasonable write-offs.
Contract drivers are backbone of the trucking industry and work hard to make their living. They are contributing to the Canadian economy. Unfair tax measures will discourage them to be in the industry and will adversely affect the economy.
Today: Driving is counting on you
Driving Services needs your help with “Truck Drivers Canada: Truck Drivers have valid reason to incorporate. Please sign if you agree!”. Join Driving and 7,417 supporters today.