No Air Conditioning in TDCJ Prisons
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body. (Hebrew 13:3 NAS)
Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Prison Facilities are suffering due to extreme heat conditions. This is an urgent Clarion Call to ask for Prayer & Change as the summer is in our mist. It is expected to be a very hot Summer in Texas and this type of torture has persisted too long. When did the People of Texas lose site of their Humanity. Let's get back to basic human rights and help us to Change this policy at TDCJ.
1. TDCJ to provide AC in all TDCJ Units QUICKLY.
2. Health and safety of ALL our fellow human beings including the employee's of TDCJ as they are currently suffering and some have died from the extreme heat.
3. We need you help to Strength, encouragement the people and organizations which are currently trying to get AC in the units.
6. Consider this Change (Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6 KJV)
There are oblivious to many horrific situations that exist within the TDCJ system here’s A bit if background information.
· TDCJ continues to allow inmates and employees to suffer in heat indexes of up to and over 149 degrees as reported by the Hutchins Unit on July 19, 2011.
· TDCJ lacks proper ventilation and temperature control within. The lack of humane treatment of the inmates and their employees also impacts (mothers, fathers, wives, husbands and children) who suffer alongside these individuals.
· There are many media reports of several deaths, wrongful death lawsuits filed in Texas, and complaints for family members and union officials for well over 18 years.
. Texas Tax Payers, the Families of the Incarcerated and the Families of the Employee's of TDCJ will end up paying the penalty. The lawsuits will not stop and the deaths will continue to rise. The only ones that will win will be TDCJ, Politicians and Lawyers. The families and Texas will lose.
· TDCJ has money in the budget to replace its aging swine-production facilities with 6 new climate-controlled modular barns, at a cost of $750,000, surely they could treat people better than pigs. Yes the pigs and dogs have AC, but not the inmates
· TDCJ is currently violating the U.S. Constitution and international human rights standards. https://www.texastribune.org/…/tdcj-violation-basic-human-…/
· Heat inside the prison is usually approximately 10 degrees higher that what we experience on the outside
· The Texas Commission on Jail Standards already requires every county jail in Texas to maintain internal temperatures stay between 65 and 85 degrees, other states with hot climates, such as Arkansas, Arizona, Oklahoma, and New Mexico, air condition their prisons, and even the detention center in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, is air-conditioned,
Something must be done NOW!
**Orginal Article was written by Amite Duncan, PhD. Modified to Fit this Template.
Today: Texas Inmates Families Association is counting on you
Texas Inmates Families Association New Braunfels Chapter needs your help with “TIFA New Braunfels: 149 Degrees No A/C for Inmates & Employees at TDCJ”. Join Texas Inmates Families Association and 4,137 supporters today.