The Irish Department of Agriculture is seeking contractors to kill up to 12,000 badgers over 2 years in an ongoing effort to tackle tuberculosis levels in cattle.
The contract will be worth in the region of €2m and will involve the capture and shooting of the animals. [although clubbing of some animals has been reported.
Badger culling has been used as a way of reducing the levels of the disease for decades, with 6,000 badgers per year culled in recent years.
• 115,000 badgers have been killed by the Irish Government since 1984
• 6,000 snares are set in Ireland every night
• €70 million of citizen’s money has been allocated to the disease eradication programme this year alone
• Badgers are a protected species by Irish and European law
Scotland is TB free and never snared Badgers.
Wales Vaccination project has reduced TB.
Northern Ireland have the same TB rate as Southern Ireland and never snared.
PLEASE SIGN AND HELP US STOP THIS UNNECESSARY AND BRUTAL KILLING.
- FRS recruitement Director.
- Badger killing recruitment
FRS Roscommon, Attention B Cobb
- President IFA
Eddie Downey (President IFA) via Susan Ryan.
- waterford FRS
- Badger Killer recruitment section
- badger killing recruitment
- Badger Killing recruitment
- Badger trapper recruitment
- Bedger trapper Recruitment
- Director FRS Kerry Acricultural recruitment.
- Director FRS. Agricultural recruitment
- Agricultural recruitement. FRS Cork.
John Miller (Agricultural recruitement. FRS Cork.)
- Director Farm Relief Services Cork (Badger Killers recruitement Company)
Collin Donnery (Director Farm Relief Services Cork (Badger Killers recruitement Company))
- Director FRS Cork
T Leader director
- Minister Simon Coveney Dept of Agriculture
IRISH BADGER SLAUGHTER 2014 CORROBERATORS
- R O Dowd
R O Dowd Rosommon FRS
We want those connected with this wildlife slaughter to disassociate themselves from it (2) and we want the Minister to stop the kill and to use TB vaccination.
ASSOCIATION OF HUNT SABOTEURS started this petition with a single signature, and now has 4,116 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.