Reduce the Environmental and Social Impact of the Proposed Mriehel-Rabat Bypass
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Dear Hon. J. Muscat
Re – Central Link Project, Attard
As you are aware a fully-fledged bypass is being planned by the Government. This project will affect various arable lands in Attard and loss of virgin land outside the development zone apart from the fact that it will adversely affect the residents’ quality of life since the particular area in question will from a peaceful green area be abruptly transformed into a busy arterial road exposing residents to incessant noise and traffic pollution.
Furthermore, this project will also have an impact on the following:
- Loss of parking spaces in Triq Ferdinand Inglott and Triq Tumas Chetcuti, Attard resulting in further parking problems in the side roads mainly Triq Hal Warda, Triq Luigi Ellul and Triq tax-Xarolla.
- Farms which are still in operation and have various animals living on them will have to be demolished.
- Various greenhouses together with water reservoirs used for irrigation / watering crops will be destroyed.
- High noise levels will affect first and foremost the residents of Triq Oliver Agius, Triq Ferdinand Inglott, Triq Tumas Chetcuti, Triq Hal Warda, Triq Luigi Ellul, Triq l-Imdina and Triq tax-Xarolla, Attard and the surrounding areas.
- A private parking area of an establishment situated in Triq Ferdinand Inglott, Attard will have to be removed.
- Carbon Monoxide emissions will affect the residents of the above-mentioned streets.
- Various protected trees and fruit trees will have to be uprooted.
- Various farmers who earn their daily living from their fields will incur a substantial loss of income for themselves and their families.
We the undersigned plea for your immediate intervention to save our Environment and safeguard our Public Health which will be undoubtedly at stake should this project materialise.
In our opinion other options that are more environmentally and socially sustainable should be considered such as
- an improved and better traffic management system
- the building an underground tunnel rather than ruining more arable land
- Consider other alternatives to solve the major problem of traffic towards Zebbug road cutting across oncoming traffic to the direction of Rabat
We sincerely hope that the Government re-considers such decision and this primarily to conserve and protect our environment before further irreparable damage is done.
Today: Attard Residents is counting on you
Attard Residents Environmental Network needs your help with “The Prime Minister of Malta: Reduce the Environmental and Social Impact of the Proposed Mriehel-Rabat Bypass”. Join Attard Residents and 1,165 supporters today.