Please reconsider the site of the GFA football stadium
This petition had 1,714 supporters
1) One of the only open flat spaces still left in Gibraltar will be ruined.
2) The lighthouse (run by Trinity House) will cease to be a working lighthouse
3) The loss of part of the recently opened recreational area enjoyed by young and old alike. Inevitably the need for parking would encroach more and more on the recreation area until it disappears.
4) The traffic problems given that access to the area is limited and on occasions the tunnels are closed. Europa Road is narrow and gets blocked whenever lorries or buses try to pass. The effect of 8000 football fans plus any normal tourists who want to see Europa converging on the area at the same time.
5) The loss of naturally panoramic views of the Strait, Morocco, and Spain.
6) There must be other available sites close to the frontier such as the existing Victoria Stadium complex, or the recently acquired east side reclamation.
7) The proposed stadium is huge, spoils the natural outline of the rock and general area. It will change the iconic profile of the Rock.
8) We are not asking to scrap the project, simply to please consider an alternative location for it.
9) Loss of cricket ground (Gibraltar cricket has had international recognition for years).
Today: PLease consider an alternative site for the stadium is counting on you
PLease consider an alternative site for the stadium needs your help with “The population of Gibraltar: Please reconsider the site of the GFA football stadium”. Join PLease consider an alternative site for the stadium and 1,713 supporters today.