Petition Closed
Petitioning Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville & Speaker of the House Jase Bolger
This petition will be delivered to:
Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville & Speaker of the House Jase Bolger

Don't Pass Controversial "Rape Insurance" Plan Into Law

Last year, Governor Snyder vetoed a proposal that would have required Michigan women to purchase a separate rider on their health insurance to cover abortion. At the time, he told his fellow Republicans that, "I don’t believe it is appropriate to tell a woman who becomes pregnant due to a rape that she needed to select elective insurance coverage."  

He was right.  

Unfortunately, those same Republican legislators may have now found a loophole around his veto and are working with an extremist special interest group to enact this proposal into law without your vote and without the ability for the Governor to veto it again this time.  

Their plan would once again forbid private insurance companies from providing abortion coverage to women, even in cases of rape and incest, unless she has already purchased a separate insurance rider to cover it. This would force women to decide whether they want to buy 'rape insurance' and even compel parents to make the unfathomable decision about whether to buy it for their daughters.   

Put simply, this idea is offensive and we need your help to stop it!  

Republicans in the Michigan legislature now have a choice to either directly turn this terrible initiative into law, or they can instead opt to let the voters decide its fate on next November's ballot. We believe that the people of Michigan deserve to have their voices heard and their votes counted on this issue, not just out-of-touch politicians.  

Special interest groups paid to get 300,000 people to sign a petition to bring this issue back before the Michigan legislature. Lets show them how many signatures WE can get to tell them to stop this latest attack on women's healthcare.  

Sign the petition today to tell the Michigan Legislature to let the people decide.


Letter to
Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville & Speaker of the House Jase Bolger
Don't Pass Controversial "Rape Insurance" Plan Into Law. Only 4% of Michigan's population signed the proposal to bring this issue before the legislature, you now owe it to the other 96% to let us have our say by sending this issue to the ballot so the voters can decide.