- Mary YacoubHudson City Council, District 2
- Lori BernardHudson City Council, District 3
- Rich VanselowHudson City Council, District 6
- Kurt TeWinkelHudson City Council, District 4
The Hudson City Council: Legalize the keeping of 5 or less of laying hens in the City of Hudson.
The benefits of backyard chickens include a providing a healthy, sustainable source of fresh eggs, nitrogen-rich fertilizer, and non-pesticide bug control in your backyard. It also provides opportunities for families to teach their children about sustainability, healthy food sources, and the care and keeping of pets (this includes being able to join organizations like 4-H).
Please only sign if you are a resident of Hudson, WI. Thank You for your support!
- Hudson City Council, District 2
- Hudson City Council, District 3
- Hudson City Council, District 6
- Hudson City Council, District 4
I support the residents of The City of Hudson keeping and caring for micro-flocks (5 or less) of laying hens. I want citizens to have the option of providing their family with a sustainable, healthy source of fresh eggs, nitrogen-rich fertilizer and pesticide-free bug control.
I support an ordinance that:
Requires residents to obtain a permit to keep hens
Keeps flocks to 5 or less hens
I also support a one-year trial period for the ordinance.
Hudson Urban Chickens started this petition with a single signature, and now has 318 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.