The Great American River-Permanent Jobs that will STAY in America, and more
This petition had 40 supporters
Think about this: 95% of America's major rivers flow into the Mississippi river. This is why we have floods along the Mississippi 2 and 3 times a year, creating much damage and destruction, and costing FEMA (us) billions each time it floods.
There is, however, a great way to reduce flooding of the Mississippi. And that is by redirecting input from the Missouri River east of Kansas City away from the Mississippi, and have it flow south-west, passing Cushing, Okla. (Cushing is a major trading hub for crude oil), Oklahoma City, Lawton,Okla., then south to the Red River.
Then have the Army Corp of Engineers redirect the Red River to flow west connecting it to the Rio Grande in New Mexico. (This will not be difficult, because the Red River is one mile wide and bone dry).
Then the Army Corps of Engineers could also connect the Brazos River to the Red River.
All this new river infrastructure would create lots of jobs and add security to half of the United States southern boarder.
Benefit in detail:
1. It will decrease flooding along the Mississippi River. saving lives and property, saving FEMA (us) trillions over the years.
2. It will increase security to half of our southern boarder by raising the water level of the Rio Grande. (on www.blueservo.net you can see that the river level is so low anyone can walk across).
3. It will create jobs by building seaports in Bismark, ND; Cushing, Okla.; Oklahoma City, Okla; Lawton, Okla; Wichita Falls, Tx; Amarillo, Tx; Dallas/Fort-worth, TX; Houston, TX. Each seaport will need 2000+ workers.
4. We'll need hundreds of new bridges, barges and tug boats.
5. Large businesses will want to build next to the river for easy access to shipping, creating thousands of more jobs.
6. The south-west has frequent water shortages. With this change cities and towns will be able to refill their lakes, ponds, and reservoirs.
Please sign my petition and forward it to everyone you know. We need 50,000+ signatures
(SPECIAL NOTE) I've had several e-mails asking how long will it take to complete this project and how much will it cost? 1. How long will it take to complete?- From the time President J.F.K announced he wanted Americans to be the first to land on the moon. It took only eight years. With today's technology I'll predict Eight years or less to complete this project. 2. How much will it cost? Nothing. Even though over a few decades after completion, It would save FEMA Trillions. This project will pay for itself. If this project will save just one American from drowning in the flood waters, In my view that's Priceless.
Today: D is counting on you
D D needs your help with “The Great American River-Permanent Jobs that will STAY in America, and more”. Join D and 39 supporters today.