The Common Council of Noblesville Indiana: Legalize chickens within the corporate city limits
This petition had 310 supporters
The benefits are healthy!
• Fresh, healthy, delicious eggs, free of pesticides
• Chickens eat table scraps, reducing waste.
• Chickens are omnivores that eat weeds, slugs, small rodents
and bugs, reducing our backyard pest
• Chicken eggs are a cheap, sustainable food source and can help families survive in the event of disruptions in the commercial delivery system.
• Keeping chickens is a important traditional survival skill.
• Chickens make great pets as they affectionate, intelligent, and entertaining.
• Children and adults receive a valuable education about animals, food sources, and responsible animal keeping.
Chickens are not "farm animals"- they are pets with benefits!
• Hens are quiet and do not crow!
• A small flock of 6 hens doesn't stink.
• Hens don’t need roosters to lay eggs.
• A small flock of 6 hens is clean and easy to care for.
• Backyard hens are disease-free. Diseases are a large factory problem.
• Hens won’t attract new predators that aren’t already in the area.
• A well-tended hen house can fit in with any neighborhood aesthetic.
• With only 6 hens, waste is kept to a minimum and doubles as fertilizer.
We want to make owning a few hens legal in Noblesville.
Please consider signing this petition! Contact us at NoblesvilleChickens@gmail.com with any questions or concerns.
Today: Noblesville Chickens is counting on you
Noblesville Chickens needs your help with “The Common Council of Noblesville Indiana: Legalize chickens within the corporate city limits”. Join Noblesville Chickens and 309 supporters today.