Let women pray at General Conference.
This petition had 822 supporters
While women hold important positions within the church, a woman has never given the opening or closing prayer at General Conference. We ask that women be given the opportunity to pray in General Conference, as a symbol of equality within our church.
All Enlisted invites you to join us in a letter-writing campaign appealing to the leadership of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to invite a woman to pray in the April 2013 General Conference.
We will be writing letters to the following General Authorities:
- Linda K. Burton, Relief Society President
- Elaine S. Dalton, Young Women General President
- Rosemary M. Wixom, Primary General President
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, member of the Quorum of the Twelve
- Elder David F. Evans, member of the Quorum of the Seventy
- Elder Anthony D. Perkins, member of the Quorum of the Seventy
Our group will be delivering them to each General Authority; we ask that you do one (or more) of the following:
1. Hand-write a letter, or a series of letters to the above General Authorities and send it to:
PO Box 3833
Salt Lake City, UT 84110
2. E-mail letters to: email@example.com
3. Sign our cover letter at: https://www.change.org/petitions/the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints-let-women-pray-at-general-conference
We are planning on copying and re-printing many of your letters to be distributed to other General Authorities. To cover the cost, please send in $1 or anything you can along with your letters.
Today: Let Women Pray at General Conference is counting on you
Let Women Pray at General Conference needs your help with “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints: Let women pray at General Conference.”. Join Let Women Pray at General Conference and 821 supporters today.