- John C. MillerVirginia Senate, District 1
- Salvatore R. IaquintoVirginia Delegate, District 84
- Christopher P. StolleVirginia Delegate, District 83
- Harry R. PurkeyVirginia Delegate, District 82
- Barry D. KnightVirginia Delegate, District 81
- Matthew JamesVirginia Delegate, District 80
- Johnny S.JoannouVirginia Delegate, District 79
- John A. CosgroveVirginia Delegate, District 78
- Lionell Spruill Sr.Virginia Delegate, District 77
- S. Chris JonesVirginia Delegate, District 76
- David E. YanceyVirginia Delegate, District 94
- Jeion A. WardVirginia Delegate, District 92
- Gordon C. Helsel Jr.Virginia Delegate, District 91
- Robert TataVirginia Delegate, District 85
- Paul FraimMayor, City of Norfolk
- Kenneth C. AlexanderVirginia Delegate, District 89
- Joseph D. MorrisseyVirginia Delegate, District 74
- Vivian E. WattsVirginia Delegate, District 39
- Tell Virginia State and Local Officials
- Joe T. MayVirginia Delegate, District 33
- Mamie E. LockeVirginia Senate, District 2
- Thomas K. Norment Jr.Virginia Senate, District 3
- Yvonne B. MillerVirginia Senate, District 5
- Ralph S. NorthamVirginia Senate, District 6
- Frank W.WagnerVirginia Senate, District 7
- Jeffrey L. McWatersVirginia Senate, District 8
- Harry B. BlevinsVirginia Senate, District 14
- L. Louise LucasVirginia Senate, District 18
- Kenneth WrightMayor, City of Portsmouth
- City of Portsmouth CouncilCity of Portsmouth Council
- Linda T. JohnsonMayor, Suffolk, VA
- Dr. Alan P. KrasnoffMayor, Chesapeake, VA
- William D. Sessoms, Jr.Mayor, Virginia Beach, VA
- McKinley L. Price, DDSMayor, Newport News, VA
- Molly Joseph WardMayor, Hampton, VA
- Algie T. HowellVirginia Delegate, District 90
- Timothy D. HugoVirginia Delegate, District 40
Tell Virginia State and Local Officials: Block Tolls in Hampton Roads.
In attempt to make up for a road-funding model that becomes increasingly insufficient with each passing day, Hampton Roads is on the precipice of heavy tolls and public-private partnerships. While there is much concern from our citizens and representatives, the response is divided. This petition has been created to unify our concerns and hopefully to reverse course on public-private partnerships and tolls.
The most worrisome aspect is what tolls will do to the local economy and citizens. In Hampton Roads, it will heavily affect small businesses, students at ODU, NSU, TCC, the military who depend on our roadways.
This is a call-out, first, to Hampton Roads, because the tolls are about to be levied on us. However, all of Virginia should pay attention. Why? Because tolls and public-private partnerships have become the choice alternative for future road funding. Chances are the road that you depend on will be the next road to be tolled.
Please sign this petition today to voice your opposition to tolls in Hampton Road.
- Virginia Senate, District 1
John C. Miller
- Virginia Delegate, District 84
Salvatore R. Iaquinto
- Virginia Delegate, District 83
Christopher P. Stolle
- Virginia Delegate, District 82
Harry R. Purkey
- Virginia Delegate, District 81
Barry D. Knight
- Virginia Delegate, District 80
- Virginia Delegate, District 79
- Virginia Delegate, District 78
John A. Cosgrove
- Virginia Delegate, District 77
Lionell Spruill Sr.
- Virginia Delegate, District 76
S. Chris Jones
- Virginia Delegate, District 94
David E. Yancey
- Virginia Delegate, District 92
Jeion A. Ward
- Virginia Delegate, District 91
Gordon C. Helsel Jr.
- Virginia Delegate, District 85
- Mayor, City of Norfolk
- Virginia Delegate, District 89
Kenneth C. Alexander
- Virginia Delegate, District 74
Joseph D. Morrissey
- Virginia State House
- Virginia Delegate, District 39
Vivian E. Watts
- Tell Virginia State and Local Officials
- Virginia Delegate, District 33
Joe T. May
- Virginia Senate, District 2
Mamie E. Locke
- Virginia Senate, District 3
Thomas K. Norment Jr.
- Virginia Senate, District 5
Yvonne B. Miller
- Virginia Senate, District 6
Ralph S. Northam
- Virginia Senate, District 7
- Virginia Senate, District 8
Jeffrey L. McWaters
- Virginia Senate, District 14
Harry B. Blevins
- Virginia Senate, District 18
L. Louise Lucas
- Mayor, City of Portsmouth
- City of Portsmouth Council
City of Portsmouth Council
- Mayor, Suffolk, VA
Linda T. Johnson
- Mayor, Chesapeake, VA
Dr. Alan P. Krasnoff
- Mayor, Virginia Beach, VA
William D. Sessoms, Jr.
- Mayor, Newport News, VA
McKinley L. Price, DDS
- Mayor, Hampton, VA
Molly Joseph Ward
- Virginia Delegate, District 90
Algie T. Howell
- Virginia Delegate, District 40
Timothy D. Hugo
- Virginia State Senate
I just signed the following petition addressed to: Virginia State and Local Officials.
Imagine turning on to the road you travel to your work, college, military base, business, or doctor’s office. Unlike the day before, the road you’ve depended on for so many years has just been turned over to a for-profit business. You’ll have to pay a toll every day that over the course of the year will amount to as much as $1,000. But that’s not where it ends. The company that oversees the road has the right to raise rates year after year and spend proceeds on other roads.
Tolls will make our roads insurmountable barriers for some. Tolls will divide our communities. Tolls will divert by some estimates $64 million from our local businesses. We’re talking about public-private partnerships and they’re coming to Hampton Roads and Virginia.
When it’s all said and done, we might be able to say, “Well, at least they didn’t raise taxes.” That will be a bitter consolation when were paying more for roads than we ever dreamed.
Wake up Hampton Roads and wake up Virginia. Tell elected officials today to reverse course on tolls and public-private partnerships and to pay for with taxes just like the rest of the 57,867 mile of roadway. The arteries around our port cities are some of the most economically important roads in the state, and they belong to the citizens of Virginia. Tell them that our roads are not for sale.
. started this petition with a single signature, and now has 10,495 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.