10 WAYS TO TAKE ACTION
1. Sign the email below and call Senator Kay Hagan and tell her to meet with the three immigrant youth that are on a hunger strike because they will not eat a single bite until she co-sponsors the DREAM Act. You can reach her offices at the following numbers:
D.C. (202) 224-6342
Raleigh (919) 856-4630
Greensboro (336) 333-5311
2. Organize your youth or community organization to come and hold a vigil where we are camping. To arrange a vigil with us, please contact Justin Valas at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Fast for one day in solidarity with us. You can send a message to your friends and tell them the reason you are fasting and ask them to take action too.
4. Make a t-shirt that you can wear in solidarity with us. For example: "I stand in solidarity with the hunger strikers (front). I support education for all! (back)."
5. Contribute to our DREAMs by providing us with supplies such as water, Gatorade, Pedialyte, poster boards, markers, tape, scissors, and any other educational and outreach supplies. For further information or suggestions, e-mail us at dreamteamNC@gmail.com
6.Donate your skills. We are in need of a medical team to check our vitals, be on-call, and/or provide as-needed medical assistance. To sign-up for our medical team, contact Rebecca Fontaine at email@example.com
7.Donate to our cause. Monetary donations are always appreciated. Your donation could be used for paying for our portable toilet, internet (there's no wireless at our camp-site), emergency supplies, etc. E-mail Emily Cabaniss at firstname.lastname@example.org
8.Volunteer. We have all types of opportunities! As days pass by, our bodies are becoming weaker. We are in great need of security and support volunteers. For more info, email email@example.com
9.Support us through Facebook: "Supporters of the DREAM Team NC," or follow us on Twitter: @NCDREAMTeam.
10. Follow our blog with daily updates: ncdreamteam.wordpress.com
Prerna Lal started this petition with a single signature, and now has 499 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.