Every DiGiorno pizza comes with a slice of cruelty.
A breaking Mercy For Animals investigation reveals sadistic animal abuse at Wisconsin-based Wiese Brothers Farms—a major DiGiorno pizza cheese supplier.
MFA’s hidden-camera footage reveals:
- Workers viciously kicking, beating, and violently whipping cows in the face and body
- Sick or injured cows suffering from open wounds, infections and injuries left to suffer without proper veterinary care
- Workers dragging cows by their fragile legs and necks using chains attached to a tractor
- Filthy conditions, including feces-covered floors that cause cows to regularly slip, fall and injure themselves
- Baby calves being dragged away from their mother immediately after birth and having their tails docked without any painkillers
Unfortunately, these abuses are merely a sample of the ongoing cruelty and violence documented at this DiGiorno cheese supplier.
Due to the company’s complete lack of oversight and meaningful animal welfare standards, DiGiorno is responsible for the culture of cruelty and neglect festering at this dairy factory farm.
No socially responsible corporation should support dairy operations that beat, kick, mutilate, drag and neglect animals. DiGiorno must take immediate action to prevent further abuse by its suppliers.
DiGiorno has the power and the ethical responsibility to help end some of the worst forms of animal cruelty in the dairy industry.
Please join Mercy For Animals in calling on DiGiorno to immediately implement meaningful animal protection guidelines for all dairy suppliers, including zero tolerance for animal abuse, care for “downers,” and an end to mutilations without painkillers.
- Nestle Pizza
- Nestle Media Relations
- President, Nestlé Pizza Division
- Mike Buck
- Nestle USA Chairman & CEO
- Chairman of the Board
- Executive Vice President
Wan Ling Martello
I was disgusted to see undercover video footage of workers kicking, beating, and stabbing cows at a DiGiorno cheese supplier in Wisconsin called Wiese Brothers Farms. The video also shows cows who are too sick or injured to even stand being callously tortured and dragged by their fragile legs and necks with a chain attached to a tractor.
DiGiorno should not tolerate this blatant animal abuse.
DiGiorno has the power and the ethical responsibility to ensure the cows who produce milk for your cheese are protected from needless violence and suffering.
It's time for DiGiorno to adopt meaningful animal welfare policies for its dairy suppliers, including:
* Zero tolerance for animal abuse
* Requirement that suppliers provide a clean and sanitary environment for cattle
* Proper care and transportation for sick, injured, and downed animals
* Elimination of mutilations without painkillers, including tail docking, a cruel and outdated practice that involves cutting through the skin, nerves, and bones of cows and is opposed by the American Veterinary Medical Association
Until DiGiorno decides to do the right thing, I will be taking my business elsewhere.
Mercy For Animals started this petition with a single signature, and won with 66,671 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.