Every DiGiorno pizza comes with a slice of cruelty.
A breaking Mercy For Animals investigation reveals sadistic animal abuse at Wisconsin-based Wiese Brothers Farms—a major DiGiorno pizza cheese supplier.
MFA’s hidden-camera footage reveals:
- Workers viciously kicking, beating, and violently whipping cows in the face and body
- Sick or injured cows suffering from open wounds, infections and injuries left to suffer without proper veterinary care
- Workers dragging cows by their fragile legs and necks using chains attached to a tractor
- Filthy conditions, including feces-covered floors that cause cows to regularly slip, fall and injure themselves
- Baby calves being dragged away from their mother immediately after birth and having their tails docked without any painkillers
Unfortunately, these abuses are merely a sample of the ongoing cruelty and violence documented at this DiGiorno cheese supplier.
Due to the company’s complete lack of oversight and meaningful animal welfare standards, DiGiorno is responsible for the culture of cruelty and neglect festering at this dairy factory farm.
No socially responsible corporation should support dairy operations that beat, kick, mutilate, drag and neglect animals. DiGiorno must take immediate action to prevent further abuse by its suppliers.
DiGiorno has the power and the ethical responsibility to help end some of the worst forms of animal cruelty in the dairy industry.
Please join Mercy For Animals in calling on DiGiorno to immediately implement meaningful animal protection guidelines for all dairy suppliers, including zero tolerance for animal abuse, care for “downers,” and an end to mutilations without painkillers.