- Dr. Linda KatehiChancellor
- Dr. Fred WoodVice Chancellor of Student Affairs
- Mr. Robert SegarAssistant Vice Chancellor, Campus Planning
- Mr. John MeyerVice Chancellor of Adminstrative and Resource Management
- Ms. Emily GalindoDirector of Student Housing, Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
Support the Domes
The Domes is a Davis landmark, a vibrant community, and a hub for social and environmental innovation at UC Davis. With a nearly 40-year history of sustainability, participatory democracy, and cooperation, the Domes is a valuable treasure to UC Davis, the state of California, and the global community that must not be destroyed.
For these reasons we support residents’ desire to stay on the historic site, cultivate their gardens, maintain their homes, and nurture their community.
We are urging UC Davis to work with the affordable plan developed by a coalition of students, faculty, and community leaders to strengthen the Domes community and property through a third-party, nonprofit manager.
Dr. Linda Katehi
- Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
Dr. Fred Wood
- Assistant Vice Chancellor, Campus Planning
Mr. Robert Segar
- Vice Chancellor of Adminstrative and Resource Management
Mr. John Meyer
- Director of Student Housing, Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
Ms. Emily Galindo
I am writing to voice my support for the student community at the Domes and to ask you and your fellow UC administrators to allow the Domes community to remain onsite until a long term plan has been developed.
I urge UC Davis to work with the proposal developed by faculty, student residents, and the Solar Community Housing Association. This proposal provides an economically viable solution to address code compliance issues, while preserving cultural continuity for the Domes community.
The Baggins End Domes community has been a hub for environmental and social innovation for 40 years. The Domes is a landmark for the city of Davis and an invaluable and irreplaceable asset to UC Davis. The loss of this inspiring community would be a tragic mistake at a time when innovations in sustainability and community building are needed more than ever.
Friends of the Domes started this petition with a single signature, and now has 610 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Friends is counting on you
Friends of the Domes needs your help with “Support the Domes”. Join Friends and 609 supporters today.