Petition Closed
Petitioning Representative Robert Andrews and 19 others

Stop Gov. Chris Christies attack on NJ's Same Sex Marriage; Tell Gov. Christie NJ is Ready for Same sex Marriage

On September 27th, 2013 a New Jersey State Judge Ruled in the favor of New Jersey's Same Sex Marriage. The State Judge arguing that the parallel label "civil unions," which the state already allows gay couples, is illegally preventing them from getting federal benefits.

The judge ordered that same-sex marriages be allowed starting October 21. But the date could be delayed on appeal, and the office of Gov. Chris Christie indicated the case would be appealed to the New Jersey Supreme Court.

The ruling cites the U.S. Supreme Court's June rejection of part of the federal Defense of Marriage Act, a move that ensured same-sex spouses legally married in a state may receive federal benefits.

After the DOMA ruling, some federal agencies are extending benefits to legally married same-sex couples. LET'S STOP GOV. CHRISTIE'S ATTACKS ON NEW JERSEY AND ON THOSE OF THE LGBTQ COMMUNITY.

You may also sign the petition on the White houses Website at (Copy & Paste in web browser)

Letter to
Representative Robert Andrews
State Representative Angel Fuentes
Representative Jon Runyan
and 17 others
Representative Lou Barletta
U.S. House of Representatives
U.S. Senate
New Jersey State House
New Jersey State Senate
President of the United States
State Representative Celeste Riley
State Representative Matthew Milam
Representative Frank LoBiondo
Representative Frank Pallone
Representative Rush Holt
State Senator Stephen Sweeney
State Senator Barbara Buono
State Representative Paul Moriarty
Representative John Boehner
State Representative John Burzichelli
New Jersey Governor
Stop The NJ Same Sex Marriage Appeal; We need to move forward with time and not remain in a old and neutral position let's move New Jersey Forward to a brighter tomorrow.

Anthony Lemmo started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,278 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.