Herta's deportation was exteneded twice, however she is not out of the woods just yet. Your support has proven to be the key to keepin her here. Sign this petition, send it to your friends to sign. Until we know she can stay for good it won't be over!
Please sign and send this letter, urging DHS Janet Napolitano, Senator Levin, Senator Stabenow and Representative Kilpatrick, to step in and stop the deportation of Herta.
Make sure you let Napolitano know you want Herta to remain in the country as she is the only one who can step in and prevent his deportation. Call the DHS message line at 1.202.282.8495. Tell them about Herta, ask them why they have not taken action yet and when they plan on making this right.
Read more about Herta here: http://www.dreamactivist.org/save-herta/
1. Join the facebook group for immediate updates: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111108019510
2. Sign THIS petition which will be hand-delivered to targets.
3. Use SEIU Click to Call Action Tool to call DHS: http://call.seiu.org/9/hertadhs
4. Call Senator Carl Levin at both his DC office - (202) 224-6221 - and his Detroit office - (313) 226-6020. Urge him to a) introduce private bill for Herta, and b) write letter to DHS asking them to stop Herta's deportation.
5. Call Senator Stabenow at both her DC office - (202) 224-4822 - and her Lansing office - (517) 203-1760. Urge her to a) introduce private bill for Herta, and b) write letter to DHS asking them to stop Herta's deportation.
6. Call Congresswoman Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick at both her DC office - (202) 225-2261 - and her Detroit office - (313) 965-9004. Urge her to a) introduce private bill for Herta, and b) write letter to DHS asking them to stop Herta's deportation.
Call in Script:
I am calling on behalf of Herta Llusho (A#96-139-441), an undocumented student who is facing deportation back to Albania. Herta has lived in Detroit since she was 11, she went to Pierce Middle School and Grosse Pointe South High School. Herta excelled in everything during high school, graduating with a 4.05 gpa and she continues to excel after high school. She has been very active in our community volunteering at homeless shelters, summer day camps, and tutoring programs, in addition to a lot of other things with her church.
The reason I am calling is to ask that you do something to stop Herta from being deported.. Please introduce a private bill for her in addition to contacting DHS and asking that they defer her deportation. Herta is an asset to our state and to our country and we should be fighting to keep immigrants like her here, not deporting them to countries they know little about.
Mo A started this petition with a single signature, and now has 3,402 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.