- Enrique Peña NietoPresidente de México
- José Eduardo Calzada RovirosaSecretario de Agricultura, Ganadería, Desarrollo Rural, Pesca y Alimentación
- Dip. Edmundo Javier Bolaños AguilarPresidente de la Cámara de Diputados
- Dip. César Camacho QuirozCoord. Dip. PRI
- Marko Cortés MendozaCoord. Dip. PAN
- Francisco Martínez NeriCoord. Dip. PRD
- Dip. Jesús Sesma SuárezCoord. Dip. PVEM
- Dip. Norma Rocío Nahle GarcíaCoord. Dip. MORENA
- Clemente Castañeda HoeflichCoord. Dip. MOVIMIENTO CIUDADANO
- Cházaro Montalvo Oswaldo GuillermoPresidente Comisión Ganadería
- Ibarra Hinojosa ÁlvaroPresidente Comisión Justicia
Stop Animal Torture at Mexican Slaughterhouses
Animal Equality and Mercy For Animals have teamed up to expose and end the torture of animals at slaughterhouses across Mexico.
Our investigators visited a total of 20 government-owned-and-operated slaughterhouses across Mexico. The animal abuse they documented on video is truly disgusting:
- Animals painfully shocked with electric prongs on their faces and other sensitive areas of their bodies, including their eyes
- Workers wrapping chains around the animals’ legs and hanging them upside down, the animals struggling in terror to right themselves
- Animals stabbed repeatedly as they bellow in distress and slowly die, choking on their own blood and vomit
- Animals languishing in pain for extended periods of time after being cut open, some even scalded alive
This blatant animal abuse has no place in a civilized society and does not reflect the values of the majority of Mexican people, who care about animal welfare.
As long as animals are slaughtered for food, the least we can do is ensure they are rendered unconscious and insensible to pain before they are cut open or scalded alive.
Please join Animal Equality and Mercy For Animals in calling on the Federal Government of Mexico to pass legislation making it a crime to slaughter animals without first rendering them unconscious and insensible to pain.
It’s time for stronger laws in Mexico to help prevent this egregious animal abuse. This is a common-sense measure that would greatly alleviate the suffering of millions of animals a year in Mexico.
José Clemente Castañeda Hoeflich
- Presidente de México
Enrique Peña Nieto
- Secretario de Agricultura, Ganadería, Desarrollo Rural, Pesca y Alimentación
José Eduardo Calzada Rovirosa
- Presidente de la Cámara de Diputados
Dip. Edmundo Javier Bolaños Aguilar
- Coord. Dip. PRI
Dip. César Camacho Quiroz
- Coord. Dip. PAN
Marko Cortés Mendoza
- Coord. Dip. PRD
Francisco Martínez Neri
- Coord. Dip. PVEM
Dip. Jesús Sesma Suárez
- Coord. Dip. MORENA
Dip. Norma Rocío Nahle García
- Coord. Dip. MOVIMIENTO CIUDADANO
Clemente Castañeda Hoeflich
- Presidente Comisión Ganadería
Cházaro Montalvo Oswaldo Guillermo
- Presidente Comisión Justicia
Ibarra Hinojosa Álvaro
I am horrified after watching incredibly disturbing video footage of animals being tortured to death at government-owned slaughterhouses across Mexico.
The video shows animals painfully shocked, strung upside down, stabbed in the neck, and cut open while still alive and able to feel pain. This is sickening animal abuse that has no place in a civilized society and does not reflect the values of Mexican citizens, who care about animal welfare.
Cows, pigs, and other animals are sensitive and intelligent beings who deserve to be protected from needless cruelty and suffering. As long as they are slaughtered for meat, the least we can do is ensure they aren’t tortured to death.
I am writing to ask that you move quickly to strengthen laws to protect animals throughout Mexico by making it a criminal offense to slaughter animals without first rendering them unconscious and insensible to pain.
We must end this blatant animal abuse.
Animal Equality and Mercy For Animals started this petition with a single signature, and now has 62,273 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.