The Blane Valley Allotment Group has been working since 2009 to identify and secure a site within the walking distance of the villages for community allotments. We have been offered a piece of land along the railway track by the Duntreath Estates. Currently this field is perfectly sited for allotments as it is not overlooked, has good aspect and is easily accessed by foot.
The Blane Valley Allotment Group seeks to:
• Lower the village’s carbon footprint;
• Make fresh food available for all;
• Encourage people of all ages to work together;
• Work with Strathblane Primary School to deliver an environmental programme assisting them reach their first green flag;
• Provide community development workshops for people to gain new skills;
• Assist the Scottish Government in meeting the National Outcomes.
We would like to let the Duntreath Estate know that we are in favour of this project and appreciate the offer of land.