Petition Closed
Petitioning State of Washington and 1 other

State of Washington: Stop the sale and distribution of juvenile criminal records!

Young people make mistakes everyday - it is part of growing up. Washington State is one of only 8 states in the nation that publishes and distributes juvenile criminal records. They are one of only 3 states that takes it a step further and sells those juvenile criminal records for a profit. This stops our kids from getting jobs and housing when they become adults because employers and landlords run background checks. Essentially, you could get caught shoplifting or fighting at age 12 and it could cost you for the rest of your life! 42 other states already have stopped this practice!

This petition was delivered to:

    Bailey Stober started this petition with a single signature, and now has 511 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.

    Join others supporting this cause