Internet has become a part of our day to day life. Unfortunately Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) is the only ADSL internet service provider in Sri Lanka. SLT has been a stable ADSL provider for many years but from recent days it has become the most disliked ISP of Sri Lanka due to their bad customer relations. By observing their recent marketing strategies we can comprehend that they are concerning only about increasing their customer base but not the service quality.
Newly introduced broadband packages are nothing but a joke. It is like giving a high powerful rocket without fuel to use it. New packages may have the “sky rocketing” speeds as they claim, but only problem is the unreasonable monthly usage limit which causes that rocket to fall down as soon as it launches. Internet is not only about WWW as SLT advertise. I can understand it is not practical to give unlimited bandwidth, but SLT should consider about the practical usage of internet and provide reasonable monthly data usage. Their Fair Usage Policy is so unfair.
I do not have to write a long description about their bad service since all the SLT users know how they get treated. For an inspiration please check user comments on SLT Facebook fan page (http://www.facebook.com/SLtelecom)
This petition kindly requests SLT to,
1. Publicly accept that they are limiting the unlimited packages for heavy users if they do so.
2. Mention their legal rights to limit existing unlimited packages. Eg. From TRCSL
3. If they are limiting the existing "Unlimited" packages, they should consider to lower down the monthly rental which users are agreed to pay for an "Unlimited" connection.
4. If they are legally limiting unlimited packages, they should at least give warnings, proper guidelines of monthly data caps, and accept the fact that they are limiting the speed.
5. Reintroduce reasonable broadband packages for new connections which are practically usable for modern day concepts such as online streaming, VOIP, and cloud based services.