Halt the Opening of Sex Offender Rehab Center at 100 Church Street, San Francisco
This petition made change with 972 supporters!
While we realize that rehabilitation services for sex offenders is a noble goal, we find it unreasonable that a center for their treatment be opened at 100 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94114 due to the close proximity of residential neighborhood(s) (Duboce Triangle, Lower Haight, and Castro), childcare centers, pre-schools, middle-schools, and playgrounds.
The area has experienced a noticeable increase in crime and homelessness traffic over the past several years that have yet to be resolved. Opening this center to facilitate ongoing visits from sex offenders does not serve the interests of neighborhood safety and quality of life that we, as residents, expect.
We respectfully disagree with the owner of the 100 Church building, Maitri (EIN 94-3189198 - a residential care center for those with AIDS) Executive Director Michael Smithwick’s position of support for this new tenancy.
We ask that the opening of the sex offender rehab center by SHARPER FUTURE (“a division of Pacific Forensic Psychology Associates”) be immediately halted and public hearings scheduled.
In addition to lending your name to this petition please contact the following:
- District 8 Supervisor, SF Board of Supervisors Scott Wiener
- Email: Scott.Wiener@sfgov.org
- Tel: (415) 554-6968
- Executive Director of Maitri (who owns the building): Michael Smithwick
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (415) 558-3003
- Co-founder of Sharper Future: Thomas Tobin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 415-397-6622
- Pacific Forensic Psychology Associates Inc. dba Sharper Future: Mary-Perry Miller
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 415-397-6622
- Rodney Fong, Commission President San Francisco Planning Department
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (415) 202-0436
- John Rahaim, Director of Planning, San Francisco Planning Department
- Email: John.Rahaim@sfgov.org
- Tel: (415) 558-6411
- Scott Sanchez, Zoning Administrator, San Francisco Planning Department
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: *Updated: (415) 558-6350
- ! On vacation January 29th-16th February, 2016 !
- Corey A. Teague, Assistant Zoning Administrator, San Francisco Planning Department
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (415) 575-9081
Your direct calls, emails, and signing of this petition all help in protecting our quality of life and our neighborhood.
Today: SF Coalition for Neighborhood Quality of Life is counting on you
SF Coalition for Neighborhood Quality of Life needs your help with “Scott Wiener, Michael Smithwick, Thomas Tobin: Halt the Opening of Sex Offender Rehab Center at 100 Church Street, San Francisco”. Join SF Coalition for Neighborhood Quality of Life and 971 supporters today.