Scott Wiener seeks to green light thousands of condo conversions and apartment developments within District 8, while diminishing the requirements for developers to provide a minimum of 15% for lower income housing to 12%. Our city is in a housing crisis and Scott Wiener has not proposed any real measure to protect rent control, stop Ellis Act eviction which target our cities most vulnerable yet he continues to gentrify our once historic district into a soul less playground for the wealthiest in our Nation. As a result his actions will devastate thousands (if not more) renters and displace more of an already shrinking marganilized communities in District 8. He does not represent the voice of his district and is out of step where he serves. We intend to file with the San Francisco Board of Elections if he does not respond with measure that would provide protections for marganilized communities in District 8, address real housing solutions, and ask that you consider this action as a request to not move forward with any legislation that doesn't consider the voices of the people.
- Board of Supervisors, District 8 - San Francisco
- California State Senate
- California State House
- Board of Supervisors, District 11 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 10 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 9 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 7 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 6 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 5 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 4 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 3 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 2 - San Francisco
- Board of Supervisors, District 1 - San Francisco
- California Governor
I am a voter in San Francisco and request immediate consideration to recall Scott Wiener from his seat as District 8 Board of Supervisor. His decision to green light thousands of new housing units with no measure to address rent control and the increase of Ellis Act Evictions in my district will devastate the lives of an already shrinking and marginalized community. His actions are not aligned with what our district or city needs. Please consider my signature here, and an official Petition for Recall through the San Francisco Board of Elections to be filed in compliance with San Francisco guidelines between the the months of June through August, 2013 as my best effort to convey my desire to stop Scott Wiener from passing this and any other piece of legislation and recall his seat on The San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
kevin sniecinski started this petition with a single signature, and now has 246 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.