A Safer University Ave. for ALL!
Support a Safer University Avenue for ALL!
The proposal to close the east-bound ramp to University from Washington will:
- Strengthen bike/pedestrian connectivity by creating safe routes where none currently exist
- Remove a dangerous conflict zone for bikes and autos at the University off-ramp from Washington
- Reduce cut-through traffic while maintaining local auto access for neighborhood residents
- Create opportunities for neighborhood place-making
The city's Climate Action Plan calls for increasing bike commuter mode share to 6% by 2020, and 18% by 2035, along with more walking commuters. To accomplish these goals, we need safer streets for pedestrians and people on bikes. This proposal represents the most viable method for a safe east-west bike corridor in Mission Hills.
For open discussions on all viewpoints on how to make University Ave. safe for everyone, please visit our Facebook page.
Click here for design concepts showing SANDAG's proposed ramp closure
Click here for design concepts showing SANDAG's proposed one-way portion on University for one block
- San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG)
A Safer University Avenue for ALL!
Today: SD Streets for People is counting on you
SD Streets for People needs your help with “San Diego Association of Governments: A Safer University Ave. for ALL!”. Join SD Streets for People and 465 supporters today.