- Leela SampsonChairperson, CBFC
- Shri B. NarzareyRegional Officer,CBFC, GUwahati
- Shri Santanu Palodhi,Regional Officer,CBFC ,KOLKATA
- Shri V.Packirisamy,Regional Officer, CBFC ,Chennai
- Smt. Pankaja ThakurChief Executive Officer, CBFC
- Shri Akhil Kumar Mishra, Regional Officer, CBFC, Cuttack
- Shri T.MadhukmarAddl. Regional Officer, CBFC Thiruvanthapuram
- Shri Raj KumarRegional OfficerCBFC , New Delhi
- Smt. A Dhanalaxmi,Regional Officer CBFC ,Hyderabad
- Shri K.NagarajaRegional Officer, CBFC Bangalore
Remove censor on 'Free Tibet Banners' in 'Rockstar'
Recently CBFC India has censored ' Free Tibet' Banners from a Bollywood track 'Sadda Haq' which is a part of the movie Rockstar starring Ranbir kapoor and is diected by Imtiaz Ali and the song is composed by A.R. Rehman.
'Sadda Haq' means 'This is my right'. Across different countries many have been protesting for Tibetan Human Rights. A week before the movie release, CBFC edited the song and removed 'Free Tibet' banners from the song.
At this critical time - when Tibetans are suffering so desperately under Chinese repression - one would expect India to be promoting and protecting the Tibetan people's basic human rights. The movie has been released on 11.11.11.
Many who were a part of the music video had high expectations from the song, which would bring to light human rights and other issues faced by Tibetans.
Sign and share this petition to tell Leela Sampson Chairperson CBFC to remove the censor issued on 'Free Tibet Banner' shown in a popular track 'Sadda haq'
- Chairperson, CBFC
- Regional Officer,CBFC, GUwahati
Shri B. Narzarey
- Regional Officer,CBFC ,KOLKATA
Shri Santanu Palodhi,
- Regional Officer, CBFC ,Chennai
- Chief Executive Officer, CBFC
Smt. Pankaja Thakur
- , Regional Officer, CBFC, Cuttack
Shri Akhil Kumar Mishra
- Addl. Regional Officer, CBFC Thiruvanthapuram
- Regional OfficerCBFC , New Delhi
Shri Raj Kumar
- Regional Officer CBFC ,Hyderabad
Smt. A Dhanalaxmi,
- Regional Officer, CBFC Bangalore
I just signed the following petition addressed to: Leela Sampson.
Remove Ban on Free Tibet Banners from Sadda haq
This letter is in regards to the recent decision by your board to censor Free Tibet Banner from the widely acclaimed song “Sadda Haq” in the most anticipated movie of the year ‘Rockstar.’
Sadda Haq means 'This is my right' and It pains me to see how at a time when Tibet is experiencing one of its greatest heights of crackdown under the Chinese Government that your board has decided to censor the very flag in a free country simply because China demands it be done.
This year alone, we have witnessed 11 cases of self-immolations by young Tibetans (all are monks and nuns) who have set themselves on fire to protest the Chinese occupation of Tibet. The most recent self-immolation was by the young nun Palden Choetso on 3 November 2011.
At this critical time - when Tibetans are suffering so desperately under Chinese repression - one would expect India to be promoting and protecting the Tibetan people's basic human rights..
I strongly condemn the Censor Board for their move to ban the use of the Free Tibet Banner.
For India, this is an issue of free speech; for Tibetans, this is an issue of survival.
India being the largest democratic country and a free nation, I ask you to respect the right of the Tibetan people and reverse the decision before the release of the film.
Kamayani Bali-Mahabal started this petition with a single signature, and now has 421 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.